Friday, September 17

Quick Update

So I'm realizing there are people who read this blog who a. aren't related to me and b. don't live near me and thus talk to me on a daily basis. So let me fill you in on my other job situation since I never mentioned it on here once it actually became official. I will be assisting on the day of weddings for the Kansas City wedding consulting firm Simple Elegance. Read here if you'd like to hear about my first wedding assisting experience. Simple Elegance was the "first choice" I kept mentioning in all my job hunt blog posts, so needless to say I am overjoyed to have an opportunity to work with/for the firm that I was longing for. I'm really excited about assisting and other roles with them down the road.

When I originally wanted to pursue event planning I never really considered weddings. But considering that the majority of event business is weddings, I shouldn't be surprised that this is where I ended up. Since helping on my first wedding I can't imagine not working on weddings. What girl wouldn't want to surround herself with memories of the most coveted day in a girl's life (sorry if this is a sweeping statement that doesn't apply to all women). I get to immerse myself in the world of gorgeous bridal gowns, diamond rings, and romantic moments like the walk down the aisle, cake cutting, and the first dance. I feel myself becoming more girly by the minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment