Tuesday, September 14

You Know You're Becoming an Adult When...

You know you're becoming an adult when you drink coffee because you need it not just because it tastes good.

I'm 28 and slowly but surely I'm shrugging off my delayed adolescence and beginning to embrace adulthood...kind of. I don't actually drink coffee, but I do drink Chai Lattes. I used to drink them because they are delicious. Now I drink them because I need the caffeine. I actually have something to get up for in the morning, some place to be, some thing to do. Rather than sipping away in the coffee shop while reading or surfing the internet, now I'm microwaving my at home version (to save money of course), pouring it into a travel cup, and gulping it down before walking into work. The times how they are a-changin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment