Thursday, August 12

Keep Trying

"There is no failure except in no longer trying. "

~ Elbert Hubbard

So I sent in my resume and website to a lot of places today and did follow up phone calls with a batch of places I sent my stuff to last week. "We're not hiring at this time." I know, I know...but I'm good. Trust me you might not have it in your budget to add on a new salary, but I'd be really good for you. These are the things I want to plead from my end of the phone. Do you understand that a job search in this market, for a job that I may have the skill set for but not the exact experience in, is forcing me to face my fear of failure like never before. I can't just not look for a job to avoid failure and rejection. In order to succeed I have to try and subsequently fail. The Hubbard quote is encouraging today as I face no after no.

BUT there is hope yet. The #1 place I've wanted to work since beginning to explore the market has yet to reject me. They've yet to get back to me, but still. If you are a praying person send one up to the Big Guy for me and this job. In the meantime I'll just keep chanting to myself, "Keep trying, keep trying, keep trying."

2 comments:

  1. Do you follow Amy Atlas' blog? If not, here it is:
    http://blog.amyatlas.com/

    Often she'll feature dessert tables that people have done on their own and sent pictures to her. I think you should submit your work to her. Who knows...maybe we'll see your work up there? That wouldn't be bad exposure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Sam I follow Amy! She is the queen.

    ReplyDelete