Monday, January 11

Doppelganger

I've been told repeatedly that I remind people of Amy Poehler. I will take SNL Amy Poehler or even “the cool mom” A.P. from Mean Girls, but please not Parks and Rec Poehler. (Sorry Parks and Rec fans.) I’ll take the comparison as a compliment. My husband is into her, so that’s a good sign, right? As I’m told the comparison usually stems from our similar facial expressions and humor. Now that is encouraging. Though I’ll accept being likened to the woman who created the masterpiece that is Kaitlin (see Hulu clip below), I’d much rather have someone pull me aside and say, “Hey, you know who you remind me of? Sienna Miller.” I guess my own picture of my inner starlet aspires a little far. I desire a resemblance to 2004’s “it” girl (pre-GI Joe debacle mind you). This is lofty indeed. But Amy is very, very funny and you know...I’ll take funny any day of the week.



Poehler vs. Miller

1 comment:

  1. I've tried to find the "Hey Rick" sketch everywhere (including Hulu) and could never find it!

    ReplyDelete