Thursday, January 14

Cinematherapy

Cinematherapy
n.
1. friday night movie specials on We television channel with catchy jingle, "I need some cinematherapy, it could be good for me", known best for being watched during early 2000's while attending college
2. treatment for a bad day through the use cinema, film, or other theatrical viewing.

Last night my cinematherapy consisted of Alfred Hitchcock's To Catch a Thief starring Cary Grant and Grace Kelly. Between the setting of the French Riviera, Grace Kelly's gorgeous 50's costume changes, and Cary Grant's witty line delivery (and tan), I officially found escape from my generally crummy day. All the elements of the movie provided a fool proof formula for successful cinematherapy. I think my favorite part was from the special features is the original trailer. Hilarious and charming.



Hitch's trademark cameo




No comments:

Post a Comment