Wednesday, January 13

A is for Anxiety

I feel like this today...
My struggle with anxiety is what led me to this blog project, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that there will be days like today that I can't help but write about it. Anxiety makes me feel stuck. It's like a mental block. For example: most days the words for these posts come easily, but today there are long pauses between sentences as I try to figure out exactly what to say. At this rate this post will take me 20 minutes just to get out 5 sentences. It feels like heartburn, like I can't catch my breath, a little nauseous, a little jittery, mostly just stuck. Instead of exploding with nerves, I implode into myself. I promised Daniel and myself that I would begin another round of counseling this year, so I guess the best I can do today is make the first appointment and take deep breaths. Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment