Friday, January 15

I tried...and failed. But I tried!

In the spirit of "it's better to have tried and failed, than to never have tried at all", I tried something I never would have tried a year ago. I recently stumbled upon the blog Six Sentences. Each day they feature a six sentence submission of creative writing. It's really entertaining as you get engrossed in these mysterious little stories composed of only six sentences. Feeling brave and attempting to try something new, I took a stab at it. I never received a response, so I'll accept that as rejection. I feel the need to confess here because part of embracing failure this year is being open about my tryings and subsequent failings. I could just as easily kept my submission (and rejection) a secret. I made an agreement with myself when I submitted my six sentences that I would share the result regardless of the outcome. That way there was actual risk involved. It's easier and less scary to risk failure if no one will ever know about it. So I did it and I failed and I shared that! Success! No harm, no foul, right? I feel braver already. Hopefully this is just the first of many attempts and "tryings" this year.

Check out the website. It's really fun! Maybe one of my friends can get published there.

No comments:

Post a Comment