Sunday, October 31

Happy Halloween






Happy Halloween :) The shopping center I work at hosts trick or treating each year so I eagerly asked who at our store would be handing out the candy. Noticing my enthusiasm my manager gave me the job. It was awesome. For 2 hours of my work day all I had to do was stand at the front door and give candy to cute little costumed kids. Really feeling the spirit, I headed home after work and prepared to greet trick or treaters at our house...but not before humiliating my dog-children. That's Penny as a chicken and Tobes as a dinosaur (or dragon- it's kind of ambiguous).

By the way I think it's funny how you can tell I don't have a full time job by the way we celebrated our Halloween. Notice the size of our pumpkins? We get two each year (one for each of the dog-children). This year's are "pie" pumpkins from the produce department which means they are priced at only 2 for $5 as opposed to the larger carving pumpkins at 3 for $10. Penny's costume was one we picked up from Target last year during their post-Halloween clearance. Toby's was the costume we bought for him his first Halloween with us (before Penny joined our family that November). I wore my skeleton costume from last year since we were partying with people we didn't see last year when I first wore it. Recession living works great for us! We already have plenty of stuff we didn't need in the first place like a closest full of dog clothes. Seriously we had multiple costumes to choose from. These just happened to be two of the favorites.

Happy Halloween from our little family to yours. Next up: Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment