Saturday, August 7

Customer Service

Speaking of people being supportive in my job search...

I bought my domain name for my website through GoDaddy.com. (Sidenote: I was very conflicted about this because I think their ad campaigns during the Superbowl are super offensive and inappropriate which is funny because I normally don't get worked up about stuff like that. But they are extremely cheap and reputable and user friendly so I went with them despite my moral objections.) A few days after I registered my site, a customer service rep called to check in and see if I had any technical questions or needed any assistance. He pulled up my site while on the phone to see how everything was running. As he browsed the site he showered me with compliments. Now this was probably all part of his training. You know give the client confidence and encouragement. But I was really flattered even if it was just typical customer service. "This header looks great. Have you done graphic design?" "These pictures are cool. Your work all looks really good." "Well I think you'll totally get a job once people see this."

It was probably only a five minute conversation, but I hung up the phone feeling like the most capable unemployed person out there. Well done GoDaddy.com. I may hate your suggestive ads, but oh how I appreciate your superior customer service.

No comments:

Post a Comment