Thursday, June 10

In Defense of Kristen Stewart

I have a favorite cabin here at camp based solely on their door decor. I found this one night while checking cabins...


What a joy to find a group of Twilight fans as committed to the glorification of Robert Pattinson's messy hair as I am. They are full on Twi-hards (apparently with a small case of Bieber Fever as well). I thoroughly enjoy the side by side pictures of RPattz and the Biebs running their hands through their tresses. It presents a nice opportunity for a compare and contrast exercise.

Despite my delight over their paraphernalia, I felt compelled to defend the helpless Kristen Stewart. I'm not sure how much you can make out from my picture, but her face has been marked up and she is labeled as "Devil" in one picture and "Satan" in the next (a little redundant for my taste). And then there is the comment complaining that "She thinks she owns Jacob". I think someone needs to make these middle schoolers aware that Kristen Stewart is not the same person as Bella Swan. It is unfair and a little crazy to refer to both a real person (Stewart) and fictional character (Jacob) in the same situation. Do they hate the character of Bella or the actress that plays her? But with Stewart being linked to RPattz in real life perhaps the principle still applies. If their hatred is spurred from jealousy over Bella's relationship with Edward, then the sentiment remains true concerning jealousy over Stewart's rumored romance with Pattinson.

My friend Natalie, who is also here working at camp, said she thought someone should tell them that Stewart is not actually the devil. I agreed and said while they're at it they should also refrain from identifying her as satan and any other common evil aliases.

Just another day here at Castaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment