Wednesday, April 28

Serenity Now!

Deep breaths. In, out, in, out. Inhale, exhale. Serenity now!

I am not easily angered. Annoyed perhaps, but genuine steam-coming-out-of-my-ears angry, rarely. 99.9% of the times I have been angry in the past year and a half have been the result of actions by one specific person. Oooh they know how to make my blood boil. They don't do it on purpose. In fact most times I am angered by them, they are completely unaware of my frustration. How can two people who share so many things in common find themselves at such odds with one another? We are never on the same page...ever.

I had a Bible study leader who once shared with us that sometimes God will put someone in our lives at a specific time to develop a specific virtue in us. For example if I'm having a hard time being patient, it's not another person's fault, but rather they are there to teach me how to become more patient. It's like a practice drill. In order to develop patience, said patience must be tested, exercised, and refined in order to tone and strengthen the patience muscle. Well I don't know what God is trying to teach me through placing this person in my life; after talking with them all I want to do is a. bang my head against the wall, b. poke my eye out with a pen, or c. slam my hand in the car door.

I thought I was an easy going, accepting, happy go lucky kind of gal. Apparently this person is there to serve as a reminder that I'm not as laid back, go with the flow, status quo as I thought. Maybe I am petty, prideful, and quick tempered. I might even become a "yeller". That's a funny thought. I'd like to see video footage of me actually yelling at someone.

Just needed to vent tonight after my buttons were pushed a few short minutes ago. Watching this makes me feel better too:

No comments:

Post a Comment