Monday, April 26

The Fun Police

I've had the best two days! I drove back from my raucous romp with the Udell clan in St. Louis, went to a meeting back in Lee's Summit, and then headed straight to Lawrence to accompany Daniel for his visit with David and Kelsey for official wedding DJ business that turned into an awesome Monday Funday.

Daniel has always said that if he won the lottery and didn't have to work that he would create a job for himself. This job would consist of taking people to lunch, lending them a listening ear, providing encouragement, and paying for their burger. After spending my last two days with people first in St. Louis and then a 5 hour trip West to Lawrence, I've realized that this would be my ideal job too. Our job description at its basic level would be hanging out with people. Our official title would be The Fun Police. On our drive home from Lawrence we gave this job position its title. At first I thought The Fun Police was always a term referring to people who are Debbie Downers who prohibit fun. Daniel said his take on the term was actually more positive where The Fun Police are actually the ones providing and regulating the fun. Managing it and funneling it in order to increase its presence.

So at some point in our lives, when we are independently wealthy, Daniel and I will for a firm called The Fun Police where we will take people out, entertain them, make them laugh, pay for their dinner and drinks, encourage them, and overall just make them feel really good about themselves. It will be more fun than counseling and less specific than life coaching. But it may be more productive and life-giving than both of these fields. Remember the last time that you had a really good night or laughed till you cried? That's what we would provide: Life.

So look out for The Fun Police. We may be coming to a town near you. Get ready to have a good time.

4 comments:

  1. I can see the fun police this summer? will you be around the last week in July? We're going to be in KC all through June but I think that's when your on assignment...correct?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you create the Fun Police, I will create the Human Society. In my mind they are somewhat connected. = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Hysterical! I think that could work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to provide The Fun Police some business!

    ReplyDelete