Thursday, April 15

The Doctor is In

The past few months I've found myself in the middle of a lot of family conversations acting as the translator for each party. Because I've sat in the counselor's office my fair share of times, I have knowledge of the interplay between different relationships. Though I may not act on this knowledge, I at least know the right things to say even if I'm not doing those things. There's been a lot of, "She didn't mean it to come out like that, what she meant to say was _____, here's where he's coming from, what he heard was ______" and on and on. I don't mind playing this role. It's kind of nice to be able to hear all sides and know what each party is thinking. My family loves each other a lot and gets along really well. We are learning how to communicate even better so that we can continue to support and encourage one another through the different stages of life as all the siblings work our way through adulthood. I'm glad to provide my services when things get lost in translation. Who knew the crazy sister's therapy could come in so handy?

Here's the Hogan gals at A Chorus Line from tonight. Oh wait that's not Amy in the leotard! She couldn't make it. I'm always mistaking her for show girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment