Sunday, March 28

You Know You Work for Young Life When...

You know you work for Young Life when rollerskating counts as work.

Last night we kicked it at the roller rink y'all! High school kids love the novelty of rollerskating and are not too cool like some adults are to actually do it. I probably skate at least once or twice a year for Young Life. It should be in my job description; ooh which means I can put it on my resume. I think future employers will definitely be interested in that skill set.

I have rollerskated as much as a Young Life leader as I did as an elementary school kid. This statistic does not factor in all the rollerskating that was done in my garage as a kid though. On occasion my parents were kind enough to park their cars in the driveway and let us kids have the smooth paved garage floor all to ourselves. I remember many skating exploits that included my white skates with hot pink wheels and matching laces and a graphic unicorn on the side. We got to bring our boombox with us and play our cassette of The Little Mermaid soundtrack. The poles between car stalls were perfect for graceful spins in order to perform our improvised routines. Oh blessed childhood.

I was free from falls last night, but did wake up with a very tight calf muscle in my right leg. Rollerskating at age 28 may mean I need to start stretching before and after hitting the rink.

That boy in the Larry Johnson jersey was NOT with our group if that gives you any indication of the unruly mob that we shared the rink with.

No comments:

Post a Comment