Wednesday, February 3

Breakfast Date and Tangents

One benefit of Daniel's days off being during the week is unconventional dating. Movies during the week are only $5 instead of $10 and you usually have the joint to yourself. We had a lovely little impromptu date this morning with breakfast at First Watch and then Sherlock Holmes. Weekday dates, especially morning ones, mean you get to go in sweats (sometimes the same ones you slept in= you get to go in your PJ's) and without makeup or any semblance of real hygienic effort. (Don't get me wrong, I think getting ready is half the fun of going out, but it's also nice to roll out of bed and into a movie.) The 10:45am show was the first of the day so the theater was still cold since they had just turned the heat back up for the day. All of my closest friends can probably guess that I enjoyed the eggs benedict at First Watch. Why do I feel like the Hogans are the only family who love eggs benedict? Whenever we're at my parents' house for the holidays we have it and Daniel refuses. He doesn't like hollandaise sauce. It's butter and cream? Nectar from the gods I say! Sherlock Holmes was pretty stinkin' awesome. I didn't think I'd be into it, but top to bottom it was really well made and a franchise I'm excited about for the future.

After the movie we headed across the street to the mall. We looked at the puppies at the pet store...as always. There was a baby Toby and if you combined the Westie and Cock-a-poo sharing the cage above, you'd make a baby Penny. Why is imagining your own dogs, or anything for that matter, as miniature versions always cute? I am dubbing this "The Muppet Babies Theory". After the dogs, I scored some gray suede pumps 70% off. "A nice pick up," as Daniel described them. A smoothie from Orange Julius and we headed home. Not too shabby.

A totally boring post, but a delightful morning. This is the best I can do with my current headache. The ibuprofen has disappeared and it's too late to venture out for more. Also I'm reading Stephen King's Under the Dome right now and just fell asleep on the couch while reading about a character's brain tumor induced migraine. I woke up trying to remember if my headache was from a tumor or not. Not joking. I'm a vivid dreamer. In fact one summer at YL camp while on summer staff, a few friends and I walked on top of all the ant hills that had been built on a certain path. We made jokes about what the ants must've thought about giants destroying their homes. That night I dreamt I had been shrunk down to a size smaller than the ants (like in Honey, I Shrunk the Kids) and a gigantic ant was telling me in a booming sinister voice that if I didn't stop what I was doing, "We will destroy you!" And then I woke up. I promise I don't do drugs. Promise.

Goodnight already before I keep telling stories that make me seem like I've totally lost it. For the record I've only partially lost it.

No comments:

Post a Comment