Thursday, September 2

Be Faithful with a Little

Image from someone's Tumblr. Not sure of the source. Just found it on Daniel's computer. Don't judge me for not crediting it.

I had another interview today. It went well (I think). I will let you know if it materializes into an ongoing opportunity. How's that for vague? Just trying to be discreet. Each of my employment opportunities is small, entry level. But I'm still excited. I'm entering fields that I have little to no experience in. All I've ever really known is high school kids. So I anticipated having to gradually work my way up as I learn the ropes. It isn't always easy to maintain this level of humility, but it's the reality of my situation. I feel God reminding me of the parable in Luke 16 about faithfulness, "If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won't be honest with greater responsibilities." So I'm trying to work really hard at what is given to me. My generation has so much innate entitlement, so this is a challenge for me. I have a feeling I'll be coming back to this verse many times over the next year when I feel like complaining about the size of my paycheck. So here's to chipping away at any pride and ego in me and to building a better work ethic and gratitude. It's time for me to just show what I can do instead of talking about it. Talented people are a dime a dozen, but without hard work they're just a bunch of empty talk.

2 comments:

  1. That's funny because I've been so envious of how quickly and easily you found a new job. Someday you can help me manage my millions :)

    ReplyDelete