Tuesday, August 31

Miracle on Green Street

The heavens parted today and my phone finally rang. I got a job at J.Crew. Thank the Lord. I don't know if I'm as excited as I am utterly relieved. A reason to get out of bed in the morning comes as a huge weight off my shoulders. My journey still continues as I will try to be faithful with a little before I am trusted with more. I am so grateful...so grateful. I was on the verge, forget that...I HAD already lost it. I am so thrilled to have co-workers, a schedule, someone to tell me what to do, a paycheck for God's sake! Daniel and I will be working just a few doors down from one another at Town Center which is kind of hilarious and convenient.

Just when I'd lost all hope (seriously) something finally worked out. Again I know I still have a long road ahead of me, but a job is a job is a job. Unemployment is the most demoralizing experience I've ever been through and the darkest I think I can remember feeling. Thank you to all of my friends who have loved me over the past month and a half (and in my final months on YL staff) who put up with my Debbie Downer attitude and constant complaining. Seriously your belief in me helped me to survive when I stopped believing in myself or that God had anything intended for my future. I know this job won't fix everything, but it is a HUGE step in the right direction. I get to rejoin the living. Now I can complain about work and being tired instead of a lack of motivation to get out of bed after doing nothing each day.

Keep going, keep going, keep going.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Hattie! You let me know when you got any killer deals on dress shirts....gotta clean up in this crazy business world.

    You're honesty and vulnerability have been inspiring.

    ReplyDelete