Sunday, August 29

Introverted

I missed 3 posts. Ugh. We had a busy weekend of hanging out with people. Socializing shouldn't be so exhausting. I took naps both yesterday and today and just can't seem to recover. I had a very fun weekend, but I think this is a good sign that I really am an introvert. I've learned a lot about being an extrovert vs. an introvert over the years through all the various personality tests we had to take on Young Life staff. Now I'm defensive when people assume I'm shy, quiet, or a loner because I say I'm more introverted than extroverted. What I've learned tells me that your bent is not determined by how outgoing (or not) you are, but by what means you need to recharge. Do you gain energy and refreshment from interacting with others or from spending time alone? I consider myself outgoing. My job for the past 6 years required me to be as I was paid to "hang out" with people. I can be shy, but I'm usually pretty comfortable with new people. But when I am stressed or tired or need to recharge, I go off by myself. I'm an introvert. Once I've spent some time at home reading, watching TV, or cuddling with my pups, then I'm ready to jump back in to the party. But this weekend there were so many fun, new people in town hanging out from Thursday night through Sunday morning, that I didn't get a lot of Hattie-happy-place time. Now it's Sunday night and I'm exhausted. I'm also realizing that in my exhaustion, my brain must be fried because this is the dumbest post ever. Why did I just spend the last few minutes writing about this? I'm ridiculous. I need to go to sleep. On a positive note, I just spell checked my entry and had no misspellings. That's a score right?

No comments:

Post a Comment