Sunday, July 25

Chivalry Is Not Dead

Daniel and I have been taken advantage of our bikes the past few days since there's been a little reprieve in the heat as the sun goes down. We're not a spandex and helmet type of cyclist family, but the more relaxed cruiser style biking kind. (Note the picture to the right and you'll notice my bike wasn't built for speed but for carrying flowers and the like in my front mounted basket.) We've been exploring the bike paths out at Longview Lake and I've been loving the leisurely rides through the woods and across wooden bridges as we pass over the creeks.

Tonight my pedal fell off...again. This is even a new pedal as this is a reoccurring problem. Without any hesitation Daniel hopped off his bike to try and screw it back in for me and after seeing that the tread was busted he generously gave me his bike. He rode shamelessly on my baby blue bike with the white basket on the front with only one pedal. What a gentleman. I'm impressed by how he figured out the physics of forward propeltion with the use of only one pedal, but even more so by his graciousness and chivalry. He's a keeper. (The pedal is not.)

No comments:

Post a Comment