Tuesday, May 25

Bittersweet


The first week of June I leave for my month long assignment working at Young Life's Castaway in Detroit Lakes, MN. I'm super excited to spend my last month on staff at the camp that started it all for me. 11 years ago I went to Castaway as a camper and heard the Gospel for the first time. Let me say in the biggest understatement that it changed my life completely. As a result, though Young Life owns over 40 camps just in the US, Castaway will always remain as a sort of mecca for me.

The one downside, and though it's the only downside, is pretty significant. I will be a part from Daniel for the entire month. This will be an interesting experience for the two of us. I'm very excited to live on the lake and experience all the great and powerful aspects of camp day in and day out, but I'm also pretty bummed that Daniel won't be there to share it with me. He was there with me 11 years ago as a camper too. We also worked there for a month 4 years ago while we were engaged. His absence will make this time around a lot different. This situation is the definition of bittersweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment