Wednesday, March 3

Xanga and Thoughts From 2006

Last night Daniel tracked down his old Xanga site, which helped me to locate mine. It was hilarious to go back to the world of the "weblog" before today's medium of the blog and more notably facebook. I read through all the entries and was encouraged to see how much (at least I feel like) I've grown up. Though my last entry was from July 2006, its content is extremely timely for me at this current moment. I was entering into a new stage of life, namely marriage, and was just as bright eyed and bushy tailed as it gets. As I continue into the various stages and seasons of life I hope to continue to approach the future with as much faith, trust, and bright-eyed-bushy-tailed-ness as back in 2006.

July, 3, 2006- "I learned to trust God in new ways, especially in decisions about Daniel and I's future. I have no idea what he has in store for us after next year, but I'm willing to do just about anything and go just about anywhere that he calls us to go (or stay here). So now it's back to figuring out wedding stuff and beginning the next stage of my life. I couldn't be more excited."

This is my favorite picture that I posted on that site back in the day. I shouldn't have been so trusting when it came to my future considering I was engaged to a man wielding a sword.


PS- I got quite a kick out of myself from an earlier Xanga post, "This weather has put me in quite a funk (not to be confused with 'da funk' which is a good thing, especially when brought with 'da noise')."

2 comments:

  1. love it. i never had a xanga...reason # 265 you are cooler than me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, xanga certainly is not cool. Fun and funny maybe, but any site where the automatically generated advertising in the side bar is anime characters in highly sexual positions is not cool but disturbing. Kind of freaked out by racy cartoons last night.

    ReplyDelete