Wednesday, February 24

Reason #44 Daniel is Cooler Than Me

No this isn't a week long series I had intended on doing listing the reasons why Daniel is cooler than me because for the record I don't actually think that he is. He may get to do cooler things than me, but that by no means is any indication that he is in fact cooler at his core than I am. Question: Is the correct grammar, "cooler than me" or "cooler than I am"? I kept it casual using me in the title of the post, but is it actually correct to say "cooler than I am"?

Riding the coat tails of yesterday's post, comes another instance of Daniel's cool factor rising beyond mine.
Tonight- YL Kid: "Hey Hattie, is Dan getting paid for those commercials?"
Me: "What commercials?"
YL
Kid: "You know the singing in the car ones."
Me: "What? Another one?"

My own mother is only adding fuel to his cool burning fire.
Earlier today (yes even before this evening's comment from YL Kid)-
Mom: "We saw Daniel's commercial last night."
Me: "Oh they're still running those?"
Mom: "We hadn't seen this one before."
Me: "Yeah they've been playing for a while now."
Mom: "No, this one. We've seen the other one. I think this one's new."

His fame continues. First it's a one liner in a commercial. Then his denim clothed butt is plastered across websites. And now it's another commercial where his word count seems to have exceeded one line status. Is this reading as frustrated? Is my annoyance coming across in my tone? If not let me just state how irritating it is to be married to a golden boy. Sure I'm proud but it gets old when even sitting at a high school sporting event all the guys ask, "Where's Dan?"(happened again just yesterday at basketball).

Oh hello, how are you doing Hattie? Thanks for coming. It's so good to see you. Nope, none of that.

I would make a terrible first lady. "Yes, yes Barack is doing great. Leader of the free world. I know. We're so proud. He is cool isn't he? Thanks for saying that. Hey speaking of cool, have you seen my new jacket? Thank you, my inaugural suit was gorgeous wasn't it? I know I do get ignored a lot. Thanks for noticing." (PS- I do not mean to say in this mini conversation that there is nothing to Michelle Obama and other first ladies than their clothes. She is amazing and accomplished. I used clothing as an example only to make an illustration concerning coolness. So calm down before you take offense at the appearance of a lack of appreciation for first ladies. Go Michelle!)

But I digress. I love Daniel. I'm happy for him. But where's the love America? Is he going to be the grandpa with all the cool stories and I'm going to be the lame boring grandma? I need to broaden my life experiences (or just fabricate some convincing tales of grandeur). I will step out of his shadow by whatever means necessary, lying included. Ah ha! Even he will tell you I'm an excellent liar...something that he is incapable of doing. Lying that is. Perhaps that isn't something to be boasting about, but I truly am an astounding liar.

So if you haven't gotten in all your Daniel worship for the week yet, you can check out the SECOND commercial below. His snippet is in the very last seconds. They saved the best for last. And as jealous and competitive as I jest here, he really is the best.



PSS- Oh and spelling! He sucks at spelling sometimes. I am definitely a better speller, and liar.

4 comments:

  1. apparently reggie brown is cooler than you as well because he was in the commercial. for the record, i think you are extremely cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I THOUGHT that was Reggie. This commercial is dripping with coolness. You've always been cooler than me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which one is Reggie and how do you know this character? Local celebrities left and right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reggie talked in what looked like a restaurant, he was sitting to on the left side. He was one of Ben's young life boys a few years ago. Quite the character, cool, very cool.

    ReplyDelete