Tuesday, February 9

LOST: the Real Life Edition

I flew to Dallas today and experienced something I do each time I fly since becoming a LOST fan. I didn't realize I was doing it until about the third time it happened, but while getting settled in my seat I will scope out the rest of the passengers and determine if those on the flight would make a for a good cast on LOST. If we were to crash on a mysterious island, would this group of people make for good TV? Qualifications: Are there enough exceptionally good looking people? Are the passengers diverse enough in race, gender, age, and background? Are there a handful of folks who would fit nicely into the predetermined stereotypes like doctor, con-artist, fat funny guy, married couple, etc.? Of course a portion of those on the flight would be "eliminated" before even landing/crashing on the island, so is the flight full enough to spare a few unfortunate souls?

I had never been on a flight where I felt like our crew would make a good cast...until coming home from Boston last month. We were flying from Boston to Denver before catching our connecting flight back to Kansas City. The plane was continuing on to Spokane, Washington, so between the Bostonians, Denverites, and Spokanians, there were a lot of young, good looking, skier-snowboarder, outdoorsy, hip flyers on our plane. I leaned over and confessed to Daniel for the first time my Lost test. Not only did I feel silly for divulging my thought process to someone, but I felt even worse confessing to my husband, who is afraid of flying, because this was the first flight ever that I felt could qualify as a worthy cast. Which meant we would crash. Bad news to him, good news for anyone like me hoping to survive and then engage in adventures on a crazy island (where you may also not survive).

It's funny how a TV show makes me not only not afraid of crashing, but also slightly excited by the thought. This is crazy. I am fully aware that islands like on Lost do not exist. I acknowledge that such thinking is delusional. Just remember I am a crazy person. I'm well aware.

PS- I'm also well aware that I would probably be one of the boring, unnamed people in the background who is always just building a hut or gathering coconuts. I'd want to be Claire though if I could choose...or Locke.

2 comments:

  1. why claire? do you want to have a baby? are you pregnant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bonnie, no not a baby. I think Claire bc I don't like either of the main girls Kate or Juliet and I can't relate to Sun seeing as how she's Korean...maybe you could be her!

    ReplyDelete