Sunday, January 17

Silhouettes in Satin

Today I got to watch some of my Young Life girls walk the catwalk modeling prom dresses as part of Ali's Runway, the charity benefiting the Ali Kemp T.A.K.E. Foundation. This is the second year I have attended the show, so I was delighted to see that the highlight of last year's show, the announcer Jerry, was back again this year. In his white jacketed tux he provided the color commentary as the models sauntered down the runway. I was so tickled by his creativity in describing "the stars of the runway", that I decided to write down my favorite phrases and share them here. Oh and I almost forgot...imagine the song recorded by Real Housewives of Atlanta star Kim, Tardy for the Party, playing in the background!
  • short and sassy (I tallied this phrase 6 times. Apparently it's the look for Prom 2010.)
  • fresh and fabulous
  • shimmer and shine
  • silhouettes in satin
  • debonair and dashing
  • a beauty in black
  • gold is bold
  • cosmopolitan and sophisticated
  • sequins to light up the night
  • it's bold, it's daring, it's all about Prom Twenty-Ten
The girls looked like total babes and truly did "shimmer and shine" in all the "bold and daring designs for Prom 2010".

You can take a self defense course as part of the fashion show event. I took it last year at the high school with my YL girls. It really is a great cause, turning Ali Kemp's tragic story into a beautiful and empowering mission. They also have one of the most clever and cute ad campaigns I've seen recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment