Friday, September 10

I Miss My Grandma

I grabbed a bagel at Panera today during my break and as I was walking out I noticed a little old lady eating her soup and sandwich. She was tiny and sweet, perfectly content just sitting there enjoying her lunch. Something about her reminded me of my own grandma Elsie. A moment like this hasn't occurred in my adult life yet. My grandma passed away when I was still in school. I have a terrible memory so I don't think of her often, but I have lots of pictures! During the summers my sisters and I would spend a lot of time at my grandma's house and the pictures make it seem like we had a blast. I'm sure we did. I have a good handful of memories that still make me giggle about things she said and quirky things she did. I wish she were around now so I could know her in a different way, an adult way. I'm grateful for having her while I did though as a kid. She was good to us and I miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment