Sunday, July 18

Living Single Sucks

Daniel is in NYC for work...ugh jealous. One of my dreams is to spend a summer in the city (even in spite of the heat) and even if he's only there for 4 days, that's still 4 days more than I will spend there. I told him to scope out real estate and pick a neighborhood for us to move into. Hey I'm unemployed and untethered...let's move!

Being at home by myself royally sucks. At about 10:30 tonight I started to get really antsy. One might think, "Well it's late. Just go to bed." Sure that would be great except that our household consists of night owls, so my internal clock has bedtime set for around 1:30 or 2am. And to think that I proclaimed at dinner with my family tonight, "I've got no husband and no job! This is going to be fun!" I don't know what I was thinking. Maybe I was just focusing on the fun I had planned for myself at home tonight which included watching RPattz in Remember Me. I was only 10 minutes into the movie until I realized how much it sucks. (I enjoyed it in the theater, but that's probably because it was a novelty...something new...unseen footage of Pattinson acting without the yellow contacts and white face paint.) I kept it playing in the background as I killed time on facebook. I even fast forwarded the scene where the little sister gets her hair cut at the slumber party and when the 9/11 ending happened I was emotionless and relieved to have it finally be over.

I have no idea how Daniel lived as a bachelor for 5 weeks. I can't even stand one night of the summer doldrums. I plan on filling my social calendar over the next few days to maintain some sanity. I have a date with my YL girls tomorrow afternoon to see Eclipse (apparently the yellow contacts and white makeup aren't as painful for me to watch a second time compared to Remember Me.) Tomorrow night Kate is coming over for The Bachelorette. I can't wait to scream and scold Frank for rejecting Aly for an old girlfriend. It's going to be a train wreck/awesome.

So the moral of the story is 1. "man was not meant to live alone" and 2. when the absence occurs, treat with generous amounts of girl time, bad movies, and trash TV.

3 comments:

  1. can I skype in to watch the bachelorette with you? please? I would love it. team roberto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. trash tv makes all things better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, just caught up on your blog and have to tell you I don't know what I would do without Bravo. At camp we tried to watch the Housewives of NYC reunion special and it was a slow-streaming internet disaster. And I do not care for Betheny Getting Married. I would love a whole Sonja show though!

    Natalie, yes skype in tonight! I love Chris and Roberto both.

    ReplyDelete