Monday, June 28

The Many Smells of Camp

As I was getting ready for bed tonight I was hit by many different smells/odors all generating from my person. My hair smells like the camp fire that was extinguished just prior to my turning in for the night. My feet smell from going sockless day in and day out in my Sperrys (mixed with a little Hogan family stinky feet syndrome as diagnosed by my brother in law). My cardigan smells of dirt and is still covered with remnants of burrs from my gaunt in the brush covering the cliff where I lost my frisbee during a round of golf. And last but not least, though this one may be in my head, I could swear my jeans smell a little fishy from their late night swim in the lake last week.

When these smells combine I may be a pretty stinky person, but they are all sweet reminders of a simple and beautiful day at camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment