Wednesday, June 30

Eclipse

The wait is over. Eclipse premiered at midnight and of course I partook in the first screening. It tugged on all my girlish and giddy heart strings reminding me of my initial fascination with Twilight and Robert Pattinson and my allegiance to Team Edward. I won't write a review because a. I am not a movie critic (though that would be on my short list of dream jobs) b. I am completely biased and c. it was awesomely bad...allow me to explain. My new friend Chloe exclaimed in the parking lot as we returned to our cars, "It was soooo good." I agreed but felt it necessary to clarify my feelings by remarking, "I loved it...but it was not good." I am fully aware that everything from the writing to the acting to the hair and makeup are by critics' standards (and even layman's standards) simply not good. But a lack of quality does not prevent me from enjoying the heck out of it. It's not the first "bad" movie I have loved and it won't be the last. I'm not a snob. I loved it and am not afraid to admit it. Go Team Edward!

No comments:

Post a Comment