Friday, May 14

You Know You're Crazy When...

You know you're crazy when you have internal dialogues about what other motorists think about you having the same car as they do.

When I was driving today I spotted a black Volvo XC90 a few lanes away from me on the highway. The general flow of traffic sent me nearer and nearer to it until I was following right behind it. Then I started to feel awkward. Could they see me? Did they think it was weird that someone driving their same car was right behind them. Then it got worse and I had to pull next to them. Because of the slow car in front of me I ended up driving right alongside them for a good stretch of road. Did they notice me? Were they the type who is offended that someone else has their same model of car or someone who has an affinity for people who also drive XC90's? Do they see me as a comrade or as a nemesis? As soon as a new lane of traffic opened up, I sped toward it and took off as to place a comfortable distance between us and to end the internal dialogue I was having. I am a crazy person.

No comments:

Post a Comment