Monday, May 31

Is It Bad?

Is it bad that there are so many bugs in my house that it feels like I'm camping indoors?

During the party last night I propped up small speakers in our windows to project the music outside. One of those windows doesn't have a screen. Over the course of the night every bug that wasn't already busy biting us in the yard was making its way into the house. I swatted repeatedly today against walls, chairs, legs. The clapping together of hands as I attempted to kill one creature at a time kept startling the dogs all day long. And now the itching. My mosquito bites have turned to welts and I'm reminded as I am every summer how hard it is to fall asleep when you're itchy. I might as well pitch a tent and roast some marshmallows. If I already have the biggest negative of camping occurring in my own living room, why not at least enjoy the good parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment