Tuesday, April 6

Is it Bad?

Is it bad that I feel obligated to finish movies even when they're terrible?

We just finished one of the worst movies I've ever seen. "Then why did you watch it?", you might ask. When I pay for a movie, whether at the theater or a rental, I feel obligated to finish it no matter how terrible. Weekend movies on cable I have no issue with turning the channel even if I've already invested 45 minutes into it. But why the obligation with rentals? I sat there knowing the movie was not going to get any better, but needed the closure of watching it end. Why put myself through the punishment? Why the feelings of obligation? Where does this come from? Any thoughts? When you encounter a horrendous movie, do you finish it or walk out? I'm very curious if I am the only one who can't walk away.

The movie was Gentlemen Broncos f.y.i.



No comments:

Post a Comment