Sunday, April 4

He is Risen...So eat candy?

Used the spoils of the holiday to make a little greeting.

We had an Easter filled to the brim with the typical delights. We started with church where of course we were late; which on Easter means you either sit on the floor in front of the first row (last year) or stand in the vestibule (this year). The vestibule location meant we did have a front row seat for "Baby Palooza 2010" (Standing Room Only) while parents stepped to the back to quiet their fussy kids. I admired their miniature suits and ties and lacy dresses with tulle petticoats. I spent a portion of the service sticking my tongue out at my young friend Emme hoping she would signal her dad or sister, instead she buried her head into his chest in fear. Rory eventually noticed me wave and then whispered loudly, "Dad, turn around. There's people, but I forgot their name. Dad! Turn around!" Dad never did turn around (so Sam tell Brad we stared at the back of his head this morning).

We lunched at the Stadium Club at Kaufman overlooking the gorgeous green field all prepped for the season. Detroit was practicing before the Royals and it resembled a typical high school practice: running from the baseline to the fence leisurely, practicing your golf swing with a bat, and talking, a lot of standing around and talking.

I was prepared this year and purchased my $3 Yo Gabba, Gabba kite a few days earlier. It flew, it crashed. Bubbles were blown. My brother in law touted the ability of this particular bubble wand as creating 500 bubbles a minute. A stat only a dad would be interested in.

It was all very lovely and I am thankful that He is risen, risen indeed.



The official flag of Peeps nation.

1 comment:

  1. Brad said he remembered Rory saying something but he didn't want to turn around and stare at someone he didn't recognize. :) Plus, I think he was distracted by Emme announcing, "I want to leave!" And the snacks spilling all over the place. He said they ducked out after the sermon...did you snag the seats? :)

    ReplyDelete