Monday, September 27

Time is Money

So I knew I'd have to remind myself to keep being "faithful with a little" when looking at my paycheck. I received my first paycheck and felt deflated. My feet, my legs, and my back hurt at the end each shift. I crash on the couch and some nights fall asleep right in front of the TV. I know this isn't a hard job, but I feel like I'm working hard while I'm working (if that makes sense). But at the end of the week when I look at a piece of paper evaluating my effort with a monetary value, the ache in my feet and the number don't seem to match up.

As a result of my hourly wage though I have started viewing all purchases in $8.50 increments. "I want a burrito from Chipotle, but that is equal to 45 minutes of work and if I get a drink, a full hour." It's like each purchase just negates the last 60 minutes I spent working. This system is a miserable way to live as it feels like I'm never making any headway, just financing visits to the grocery store (a half week's wages in case you were wondering). I've got to get out of this mindset...and rework our budget.

I working towards a goal though so I'm trying to stay positive about my current financial state because I know it's temporary. I will continue to be faithful with a little in the hopes that in the future I will be given more responsibility. But it's a hard way to live at $8.50 an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment