Tuesday, August 24

You Know You're Unemployed When...

You know you're unemployed when you're 28 years old and addicted to Barbie movies.

I'm hooked. I babysat last week and watched some animated Barbie movies on DVD. The first one I watched was about a girl (Barbie, but with a different name) who turned into a mermaid, well actually she just discovered her mermaid descent. The next day I babysat it was me suggesting the other Barbie movie in their collection to watch. We watched Diamond Castle. At times the little girl I was watching wanted to play real Barbies, but I was so into the movie that I asked if she wanted to bring the dolls into the living room so that we could keep watching the movie while we played.

You can only imagine my delight when I discovered that my very own niece owns some Barbie movies as well! I was at her house and was able to borrow another 2 to watch. I'm so glad we can share this. I completed Barbie Swan Lake, disappointing and odd. Tonight I will finish Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus.

Diamond Castle was by far my favorite. It had good music, fun characters, a good story, and cartoon dogs. Speaking of dogs...Daniel came upstairs to find me watching the Barbie movie and I told him I was only watching it because Penny wanted to. (I tend to view my dogs as little kids sometimes.) His response: "So you're justifying your watching of a Barbie movie by suggesting that our dog wanted to watch it?" I just try to counter the "crazy" with "crazy". It's all relative. And no matter which way you cut it, I am a little crazy. And bored. Really, really bored.

4 comments:

  1. Again, hoping for similarities but only getting differences. Legit loled when I read Daniel's response. And yes, Bachelor pad, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, Magic Pegasus is a good one. You also need to check out the Barbie-The Princess and the Pauper.

    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbie movies really did surprise me with memorable tunes. "If I could wish for one thing, I'd take the smile that you bring. Wherever you go in this world, I'll come along. Together we dream the same dream. Forever I'm here for you, you're here for me. Oh oh oh oh...two voices, one song."

    Glad to hear your time with my kids changed your life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greg, it's bad enough that I'm watching Barbie. If you were doing the same we'd have some serious issues to discuss.

    Carina, I wanted the Princess and the Pauper, but your daughter couldn't find it.

    Sam, clearly life changing stuff.

    ReplyDelete