Monday, August 23

You Know You're Unemployed When...

You know you're unemployed when you have a really good tan.

Not having a job has afforded me a lot of spare time. In said spare time I've been enjoying my free time at the pool or just laying out on my back deck. As a result I have developed a nice bronzed color. This is the best tan I've had since my days in high school. There are not a lot of perks with being unemployed, you know as most days I'm battling identity issues and finding my purpose in the world, but developing a great tan is at least one nice benefit. This may be (hopefully) the last good tan of my life, at least until retirement that is. It seems to me that most retirees in Florida are all nicely bronzed George Hamilton style.

2 comments:

  1. I was really hoping that this was going to be something I could relate to and laugh about our similarities. Alas, while your unemployment has pushed you outdoors, mine has kept me in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To canning Greg? Really? Canning? You're way weirder than I'll ever be. PS- How amazing was Bachelor Pad last night? At least we share trash TV.

    ReplyDelete