Friday, April 23

Treasures From My Inbox

I had a lot of correspondence to catch up on today so I started at the beginning of my inbox and worked my way down till I had dealt with every email. At the bottom of my inbox I found a very old email that I was saving. It contained a series of pictures from our wedding that a family friend had emailed to my dad. I had never downloaded them, so I never deleted the email. It was pretty funny coming across these pictures.

I love this picture:It makes me feel like I'm entering our outdoor tented reception all over again. If I had that day back to live again I would've done one thing differently. I was so focused on throwing a good party, making sure everything was running smoothly, greeting all the guests and catching up with all our friends. Don't get me wrong, I had a blast! I danced, I laughed, it was everything I hoped it'd be. But the one thing I would've done differently would have been to pay less attention to everyone else and just enjoyed Daniel. I remember him wrangling me amidst the crowd and asking me to stay by his side. I got so overwhelmed by the crowd, that I took my eyes off my new husband. The beautiful thing is that I get everyday from here on out to enjoy him. The crowd has subsided and the bustle of the day has quieted. I get nights like tonight to sit beside him on our couch, in our little house, with our little family of furry children, while he falls asleep to the TV on a Friday night. I get my re-do every night.

1 comment: