Monday, February 15

Nothing Says Party Like Donuts on a Stick

I hosted a Valentine's Ladies Luncheon for my Young Life girls this afternoon. Everyone was required to wear a fun hat or headband, so the attendees all came dressed in style. I'll post pics tomorrow of the girls dressed to the nines in pink and red and fur. Below are some pics of the decor and menu. I'm not much of a cook/baker, but out of the box cupcakes are doable, so I made it work. I was most proud of my donut hole skewers. Presentation is everything, so by stacking donuts on a stick this normal junk food became cute party food. I also painted the tablecloth myself since I couldn't find one (or even fabric) with the design I was looking for.

Despite the many imperfections of the day, I was actually really proud of my efforts. Slowly but surely I am embracing imperfection and trying new things. The failure of the day was the inability to create "x's" out of brownies. I procrastinated so the xo cookie cutters were sold out when I tried to buy them on the 14th. Cutting out brownie "o's" is no problem, but completing the xoxo theme proved impossible for me. So I presented a platter of "o" brownies. The question then became, "Is that a platter of hugs or kisses?" We looked on the internet to see if "o's" represented hugs or kisses. My thought was hugs, but the google search produced varying opinions. Some said "o's" represented kisses because of the shape your mouth makes when smooching. Another site said they represented hugs as you wrap your arms a-ROUND someone. The debate goes on. Anyone know the official consensus on the xoxo debate?


3 comments:

  1. It looks amazing! I can't believe you painted the tablecloth...and the lollipop cupcakes are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam one day I aspire to the cupcake greatness from Hello Cupcake that you create on a regular basis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I could have been there. This looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete