Monday, January 3

Are you there world? It's me Hattie.

So my friend Bonnie showed me this fabulous feature on Blogger: the "stats" tab. Most of you who blog are probably already aware of this, but the info was all new to me. Here's what I want to know: who are the international readers who are visiting this blog. I have 227 views from South Korea, but that's an easy one. Why it's none other than the aforementioned Bonnie herself. But I don't know anyone in Russia or Canada. And we're not talking 5 or so random hits, but 87 from Russia and 74 from Canada. Then there's numerous views from Germany, Australia, China, and the UK. Not to be left out are a few visits from a Ukrainian and a Latvian.

Who are these people? If you're out there across an ocean please give me a sign you're there. And more importantly what is your story and how did our paths cross? Apparently in 2010 (ahem...2011), the term pen pals can take on a whole new meaning. Say what you will, social networking and globalization are incredibly fascinating phenomenons.

1 comment:

  1. 227? Dang...that makes me sound like a stalker. However, I'd like to point out that Tom also reads your blog and that there is now proof to back up my statement that I'm an avid follower. Way to go with Russia!

    ReplyDelete