Thursday, August 19

An Open Window?

Yes I'm aware that my last post title had a question mark as well, but seeing as how these past few months could be summarized by a single punctuation mark, I think it's pretty apropos that my post titles reflect that sentiment. I am also aware that I missed a post last night. That was intentional. I never want blogging to interfere with my real life relationships and long story short, posting last night would have been in bad taste. Don't ask.

I have a few promising leads on some smaller scale jobs, but it's something! I'll update once everything shakes out and let you know if anything works out. The saying may really be true that, "When God closes a door he opens a window." I've hit about 35 closed doors, but he may be opening some smaller windows and at this point I'll take a window!

My mom cracks me up because she commented tonight that the longer I go without a job the more "religious" I get in my posts. She made the point that I can pray a lot, but sometimes the answer is going to be "no". She's right and I know this all too well. But I don't think I've been asking for specific jobs thereby giving him a chance to say yes or no. Rather I've been asking for what I am supposed to do. I don't think he's telling me "no" completely in the arena of event/wedding planning, but his timeline is certainly much slower than what I was expecting or hoping for. So I think my new prayer/line of questioning is when and what am I supposed to do in the meantime?

Just as in all adversity, life goes on. Though it may not feel like it, there are other elements to my life than just a career. Tonight my family celebrated my dad's birthday. We ate, laughed, and played. My niece and I had a semi-crash while riding my dad's electric scooter he uses because of his MS. My poor wedges carry scars from the event, but it was still pretty hilarious. We picked up my brother from the airport. He's in town from Chicago for the weekend for a wedding. A good night indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment